Sunday, May 1

"perfection"

Hey guys :) Sorry I haven't written in awhile, life has been pretty hectic and uninspiring lately.  But on my way home from swim practice this morning I heard Pink's new song Perfect.  I then began to think about that idea of perfection, and how it really is an idea and not something that we can truly strive for.  Then, like the typical girl who overthinks everything I began to think about the past couple of weeks and all of the things that didn't go as I had planned them to be.  I wanted to take a lifeguard class to work over the summer but I couldn't cause of freshamn orientation for college.  I tried to plan a perfect night for prom, but all my plans fell through.  I started to think about all of the seniors in my class who are so stressed out because they didn't get their "perfect" job, get accepted into their "perfect" college, didn't get their "perfect" SAT score, how worried that they wont look just "perfect" at prom which will inevitably be a "perfect" night.  I have to admit I have thought a lot about this idea of perfection.  What does perfect really mean?  and is it really worth all of the trouble we cause it?
  I think perfection is people putting to great of expectations on things.  I'm not saying we shouldn't have goals and aspirations, but sometimes people, myself most definitely included, put expectations on things like prom, college, and jobs that we really forget how unimportant they really are.  Prom is one night, a job is not a career and right now is not forever.  And college;  college is only four years of your life.  If you don't get into the college of your dreams it means it wasn't meant to be.  But no matter where you end up, you will get a high level of education. 
Sometimes we have this idea of where we want to go and what we want our lives to be.  But I think sometimes we forget about the man upstairs.  Instead of asking him what he wants with our lives we go to him with our plans and say. "hey God!  well this is what I am going to do can you please bless me?" we forget that our plans should be God's plan, and to trust him that he knows what he is doing. We should stop worrying so much about being perfect, and pray to the perfect one, knowing that he has a perfect plan for you. 

Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own. Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. Let those of us who are mature think this way, and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal that also to you.-Philippians 3:12-15


Have flaws...they make you beautiful.  :)

 Love Syd :)

1 comment: