Thursday, October 28

Speak

So if your a girl, you have probably heard some of Taylor Swifts new cd Speak Now.  Its really amazing:) its all songs of things that she wished that she had said to some of the men of her days.  There is a song on the album called Speak Now, and she had gotten her inspiration from when a the preacher at a wedding says, "Speak now or forever hold your peace."  This is one of my favorite songs on the album and so naturally, being the person that I am, I thought about this phrase.  I analyzed it in my head and couldn't stop thinking about it.  Why oh why is it peace?  Why do they say hold your piece?  When you want so badly to tell someone something and you hold it inside so long, and you dont say it, you don't have peace!  It eats you up inside, you just want to tell that person.  Shout it from the hills, let someone know what is eating you up inside.  Even if it is just telling someone that you love them, you hate them, forgive them, or even that your proud of them.  When you can't tell someone something it kills you inside, you obssess about it, its always on your mind.  I know, I always have what I need to say out loud on mine.  So my advice to you is, Say it out loud.  If its important for you to obssess about you need to say it.  Speak now AND forever hold the peace that it will bring you.  And some more advice, sometimes it really is impossible to tell that pareson.  if it is write it down in a letter, read it to someone else, and then throw it away.  Throw away the pain it gives to keep it inside, and be filled with peace.  But don't hold it insided of you, cause truth is it wont give you peace.
Hope your truthful,
Syd

No comments:

Post a Comment