Thursday, December 23

Bitterness

So my mom and I were just sitting here talking about a subject that I have seen a lot in my seventeen years of life, Bitterness.  Everyone in there lives has seen a form of bitterness displayed.  In the past year I have seen so much bitterness it makes me sad.  I have watched a family hate a woman for something she didn't even do, it took over their relationships with the people in our town and the way that they live.  It breaks my heart and makes me so sad that people let bitterness rule their lives.  This family has turned a great number of people against them and ruined many a friendships because they can't let go of their pride and arrogance to let people in.  So this is my advice for the day;  Why be bitter?  I understand not liking someone for something that they did and avioding them, not spending time with them and even ignoring them.  Some might say that is being bitter, but its not.  Bitterness takes over your life, if you have bitterness in your heart you will hurt people.  Bitterness causes us as humans to want to hurt others, it takes over and causes us to do things we shouldn't.  Don't be bitter towards people, dont hate or try to punish them for hurting you?  Really whats the point.  Forgive them, and just because you have forgiven them doesn't mean you have to like them or even spend time with them.  But not holding grudges and bitterness in your heart will free your heart.  and honestly is makes you more happy with yourself.


"Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice, Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you"--Ephesians 4:31

No comments:

Post a Comment