Friday, December 3

Just Be There.

My grandparents asked me a couple weeks ago why I started this blog, I told them because it was just for fun, but that wasn't the real reason.  Of course my real reason took much thought, and over thinking because, well...its me.  I came to this decision, When my heart was broken I fell into a depression and was at the lowest of lows.  One day I said to myself, "Good riddance Sydney, life can only go uphill from here, right?"  So I guess this blog was my climb out of that hole I fell into.  Slowly I have begun to reevaluate life and figure out where I stand in this crazy world. :)  But I couldn't have done any of it alone.  Alone I might still be in that hole.  I was at church watching so many women running in and out of the building.  They were setting up for the Christmas brunch and I couldn't stop smiling.  It made me think of all the women that were there for me when I needed someone to help me out of my hole.  Most couldn't even fathom how they helped me when I needed it.  Like the woman who supplies me with too much espresso, the woman who made me do too many sit ups and beat my anger out during our training, the woman who gives me her hugs, the woman who gives her advice, the woman who holds my hand, the woman who inspires me, the woman who makes excited to grow up, the woman who makes me want to be a little kid again.  And the most important, the woman who is there, and has always been there, no matter what. 
These woman all have a special place in my heart and without them I know my life wouldn't be what it is today.  So here's my advice; be there.  That's it, just be there.  When you see someone hurting, you shouldn't try to figure it out, try to ask how they feel, or get revenge.  No, just sit there,  pull them into a hug and stand there with them.  Be there for them, and never leave.  Sometimes the most help you can ever give someone is by listening to them.  So be there for the people you love when they fall into the holes of life.  'Cause, wouldn't you want them when the holes swallow you up? 


"When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives mean the most to us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a warm and tender hand.  The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing, not curing, not healing and face with us the reality of our powerlessness, that is a friend who cares.  ~Henri Nouwen "

No comments:

Post a Comment