Wednesday, January 12

So your telling me its all because of fate?

So I think I have spoken before about my views on things like fate, coincidences, and karma.  Even though you might not agree with me I feel pretty strongly  In fact, my beliefs on the subject are the basis for everything that I believe about the world.  We were doing this activity is ApLit the other day and we were to debate whether we thought destiny existed and if we believed in it.  One of the girls in my class said she didn't believe in one thing but was open to everything, I laughed at her and said, "If you believe in everything then you believe in nothing, the world is filled with contradictions, your going to have to pick something."  Another kid in my class who is an atheist then retorted with the typical, "Christianity is contradiction, and I don't believe it."  I rolled my eyes and was then cut off, so I let it go.   Needless to say these two classmates raised their hands when they were asked if they believed in fate, and if fate controlled the way our lives turn out. 
Well here's what I believe.  I believe in God, I believe He came down and saved us from our sins.  I believe he knows everything about us, he's up there listening to us.  He answers prayers, believe me I know.  I asked for a sign from God and exactly a week later my life drastically changes.  How could I not believe?  Oh wait, your all right I forgot- it's just a coincidence, or an act of fate, good karma.  Well no offense, but that's a bunch of bull cocky.  So here's a story. 
The same day after we did that activity in English my best friend Madi and I had a plan to go to get Rice King.  But before we left I had to take a quick stop at the counseling office and I had been planning on stopping at the post office but I had forgotten my credit card and didn't have enough cash to pay.  Our plan was to get the food to go and study at Madi's house.  .  But once we got there we decided we would eat there.  So we are sitting and eating and laughing, just like old times.  When a person neither of us ever thought we would run into that day showed up.  That's right my ex boyfriend. :) So knowing the two of us we begin to laugh uncontrollably making a scene until there is soda coming out of my nose and I'm coughing on orange chicken.  Then his friend comes in and sees me, comes over and sits down to talk with me and Madi.  Which forces the Ex to have to come and talk to us.  He was polite, and all the while I was smiling.  There wasn't that nauseous feeling I usually get, or the need to break into tears, just a little bit of nerves, that comes with any awkward situation. 
So here's a question, you really think it was just a coincidence that brought The Ex to that restaurant?  You think that it was fate the caused Madi and I to decide to eat at the restaurant?  Fate caused me to forget my credit card and not be able to stop and the post office? No my friends this wasn't just a string of random events.  Everything happens for a reason.  You expect me to believe that all of those things happened by chance?  That fate threw it all together?  It was just a coincidence?  Nope.  God knows what is going to happen to us every hour, minute, and second of the day.  He knew that I had finally begun putting those last pieces of my broken heart back into place, and he knew that this time when I ran into The Ex, I wouldn't run away in tears, I would stand strong and be the person that I have become.  It can't all be by chance or random order,  In my opinion the world is too intricately designed to have just happened by chance.  Everything has a reason or a meaning,  sometimes it just takes be able to see why to understand it all.


"I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together" -Marilyn Monroe



Okay come on, its in a fortune cookie, so you have to believe it right?

I guess that also means I'm going to be rich and famous :)

Have fun, :)
SyD

No comments:

Post a Comment