Tuesday, December 6

the ever changing definition of a friend :)

Hey guys :) so I'm sitting here eating lunch with my friends, I should probably be studying but instead I'm evaluating the taste of sunchips and listening to Mo talk about boys and make fun of me for liking gingers :) I've made a lot of new friends since I've been going to school here:) They are all just a little weird and crazy in there own way and i really love them :) And then my phone dings and I see a message from someone I never expected.  And i started thinking about friends.  old friends, new friends, best friends, friends that you don't really know where you stand, friends that inspire you, and friends that always are there for you, and just how important they all are...:)
My best friend who lives in Michigan is like my sister.  My other best friend wasn't always my best friend, but I could not think of a more inspiring person to be my friend.  She makes me strive to be a better person and see the good in people.  I have new friends :) that make me happy and don't make me feel so alone.  They are energetic and happy and always put me in a good mood.  I have an old friend who I never know where I stand with, no matter how many discussions we have.  But I feel that in the end that may be better,  we respect each other and catch up on holidays, we comment on each other's facebook photos and say hi at parties with mutual friends.  But I think you sometimes have to realize that some friendships aren't forever, only the strong ones last, and the ones that last are the ones that truly worth having.
So that message i mentioned at the beginning was from my ex boyfriend.  It was very random, because we haven't spoken in a really long time.  I don't really know what will come from it.  But I do know that the whole experience taught me a lot about myself.  All in all him breaking my heart was a pretty good thing for me.
So whats my point?  I guess it is that there are many important people in our lives.  Some people walk through our lives and never leave.  Sometimes they walk in an out and always come back.  Some people leave, and some people only stay a real short while.  From you guys reading this blog over the past year I'm sure you can see that I have had a lot of people fulfill all of these scenarios.  But each person has made an impact, big or large on my life.  Sit down and think about the people that you spend time with or that have had an impact on your life.  Think about the people that have walked in and out and the people that are still there.  Are some of them worth being there?  But here's something else to think about.  Think about the people lives that you could have impacted, people that you could reach out to, people that you could make an impact on just by being there for them.
so go make friends :)
Love, Syd :)

No comments:

Post a Comment